House is a restored Tudor style house built by merchant John Rothe
in 1594. The building was restored in 1966, and now houses the Kilkenny
Archaeological Society Museum. The museum has many fine displays
including a collection of penal crosses, a costume gallery, eighteenth
and nineteenth century weapons, nineteenth century craftsman's tools,
a exhibit of prehistoric artifacts, including Mesolithic microliths,
Neolithic axes, bronze age axes and molds, and a display of Charles
Stewart Parnell memorabilia.