Welcome to Oracleireland.com

 

 
 


Muckross House.

 

 


Muckross House.
 

(Pig Peninsula.)

This neo-Tudor mansion overlooking lower Lake Killarney was built in 1843 for Henry Arthur Herbert, the architect was a William Burn of Edinburgh. The extensive grounds are laid out with plantings of azaleas, rhododendrons, etc.

The house now houses the Museum of Kerry Life, describing the history of southwestern Ireland. There are numerous displays including a creamery, looms, bookbinding and printing shop etc. Also displays on the flora and fauna of the Killarney National Park described below.

Muckross House
National Park
Killarney
Co Kerry
Tel +353 (0)64 31440
Fax +353 (0)64 31560
E Mail
Web Site

In the grounds are three working farms using traditional farming methods of the early twentieth century.